Calypso Star Charters is a multi-award winning Advanced Eco Certified and a Climate Action Leader. Awarded South Australia’s Best Adventure Tour in 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 and in 2018 they were named the People’s Choice for the best attraction in South Australia!
Based in Port Lincoln on the Eyre Peninsula, Calypso Star Charters have operated cage diving tours for the Great White Sharks since 1990. They are privileged to be the only one-day shark cage diving operator who is permitted to use natural fish berley to attract the Great White Sharks. This sustainable practice provides you with the best possible chance of a shark sighting and productive interaction close to the vessel and cage resulting in a memorable encounter and wonderful photographic opportunities.
Calypso Star Charters also operate Swim with the Sealions tours giving you the opportunity to swim with Australian Sealions, the most adorable ‘puppy dogs of the sea’ . This half day tour is often described as one of the most interactive wildlife tours you can do!
Combo Tours are also offered. For the first time you can swim with Sealions and shark cage dive all in the same day at two different locations!
Advanced Ecotourism Certified Adventure Adventure and Outdoors Tours Air Australian Tourism Accreditation Australian Tourism Export Council Basic Carpark Caters for hearing impairment Caters for limited mobility Charter Vessel Association Climate Action Leader Cruises, Sailing and Water Tours Customised Disabled access available Ecotourism Certified (EA) Evening Family Friendly Fishing Fishing Free Wifi Full Day Half Day or Less International Land - Motorised Moderate Nature & Wildlife Nature and wildlife Non Smoking Public Toilet Sightseeing Tours Swimming Swimming The Ecotourism Association of Australia Water - Motorised
More people choose to shark cage dive with Great White Sharks with Calypso Star Charters than any other operator in Australia! Proudly Advanced Eco Certified and a Climate Action Leader they are privileged to be the only one day operator to hold a licence to use natural fish berley to attract the sharks giving you the best chance of sightings & interactions on the day!
MV Calypso Star 2 is the largest one day shark cage diving vessel which is fitted with a Gyroscopic Stabilizer. This greatly minimises seasickness and increases comfort throughout the day!
They are the only operator who display shark sightings on their website and social media for every charter since January 2011. This honesty gives guests the ability to choose the best time to come and provide realistic expectations. Average success rate is 84% over the year.
Adult price is $495AUD plus $37 Visitor Use Fee = $532.
Visitor Use Fee is payable by all guests entering the Ron and Valerie Taylor Marine Park (Neptune Islands).
Price includes all food and diving equipment on the day and no dive experience is required!
No minimum passengers and the most tour departures available by an operator.Carpark Family Friendly Non Smoking Public Toilet
All aboard the MV Calypso Star for a journey to the playground of the sea’s very cute and very playful ‘puppy dogs’ of the sea- the Australian Sea Lions at Hopkins, Langton, Grindal or Blyth Island.
From the moment we arrive the Sea Lions bound out to the vessel excitedly inviting the guests to join them. The tour provides the opportunity to jump in and swim, viewing the mesmerised skills and abilities of these gorgeous animals, or sit back and enjoy the action from the comfort of the vessel.
The five hour tour is interaction guaranteed, environmentally conscious, educational and a whole lot of fun for the whole family!Carpark Family Friendly Non Smoking Public Toilet
Operates December and January.
• Boarding time is 1.15pm at Cape Baron Place, behind the Marina Hotel, Port Lincoln Marina.
• Enjoy the 2.5 hour journey Neptune Islands Marine Park.
• The format of the tour is the same as the day charter.
• Groups of up to six at a time in the cage – The diving time depends on the shark activity on the day. The crew make effort to ensure all guests receive a similar experience
• Afternoon tea, nibbles and a fully cooked dinner are supplied.
• Tea, coffee and filter water available free on board.
• Soft drinks, bottle water and alcohol available to purchase.
• Return time – Due to the nature of the activity we cannot guarantee the exact time we will return to the Marina at the end of the day. The return is subject to weather conditions and shark activity. Generally we will return around 10-11pm.
Awarding winning Calypso Star Charters is proudly Advanced Eco Certified and a Climate Action Leader now offers the first time a one day tour where by you can Swim with the Sealions and then Shark Cage Dive with Great White Sharks all in the same day at different locations!
• Boarding time is either 6.00am, 6.30am or 11.00am at Cape Baron Place, behind the Marina Hotel, Port Lincoln Marina. Please check our website for departure times.
• Enjoy the 1.5 hour journey Hopkins or Grindal Island
• Our permit allows 1.5 hour visit to the islands where by we maximise swimming time.
• The more interactive guests are with the Sealions the more playful they are!
• After the sealion swim the Skipper drives the boat to Neptune Island Marine Park.
• Now it’s time to shark dive!
• The format of the shark dive is the same as the Twilight Shark Cage Dive tour.
• Groups of up to six at in the cage – The diving time depends on the shark activity on the day. The crew make effort to ensure all guests receive a similar experience