Christ Church Yankalilla was established in 1857 and is one of the earliest Anglican churches in South Australia. Containing many beautiful stained glass windows of historical significance, it provides a quiet ambience for prayer and meditation. It is the only church in the region which is open every day.
Significant works of art by Barbara Robertson and Pro Hart are on display in the church.
The centre of worship for the Christ Church congregation is the 9.30am sung Eucharist (Holy Communion) every Sunday, using the Prayer Book for Australia service.
On August 24, 1994, a parisher saw what appeared to be an image of the Virgin Mary high on the back wall of the church. After two years, the “apparition” was acknowledged, and a wrought iron frame was placed around it. This attracted attention from around the world, bringing many pilgrims to the small town.