Pioneer Memorial Gardens

Parks and Gardens

The Pioneer Memorial Gardens were dedicated to the pioneering families of the Waikerie district in 1977 by the Waikerie Lions Club.
The gardens are also home to one of the towns early pumping station engines. This oil powered 6-cyclinder Worthington Diesel Engine was installed in the pumping station in 1928 and delivered 500,000 kilolitres of water per hour to the Waikerie irrigation district up until 1965 when it was replaced by an all-electric system.
Along the tree line of the eastern side of the gardens lies part of the 125 foot irrigation channel that would have provided water to blocks between D Channel Road, West Road and to Holder.

Nearby Things to Do

View All
Pioneer Memorial Gardens

Pioneer Memorial Gardens

Waikerie, Loxton Waikerie

River side of silos

Waikerie Silo Art

Waikerie, Loxton Waikerie

Walking east with palm tree

Waikerie Rotary Cliff Top Walk

Waikerie, Loxton Waikerie

Bird Hide - access from trail and Ramco Road

Hart Lagoon Walking Trail

Waikerie, Loxton Waikerie

Rivergum Cruises

Rivergum Cruises

Waikerie, Loxton Waikerie

Water play

Waikerie Water and Nature Play Park

Waikerie, Loxton Waikerie

Contact Us