Point Zero is the marker from which all distances to Perth are measured and represents the centre point and civic heart of the city.
Situated on the south-east corner of the Old Treasury building on the corner of Cathedral Avenue and St Georges Terrace, the marker was chosen during the building’s life as the state’s first post office and adopted in 1925, 2 years after it ceased operating as a post office.
An understated plaque marking the adoption was laid in 1975. Now, it continues to be the marker for all distances measured to and from Perth worldwide and as a corner of the revitalised Cathedral Square precinct marks a return of activity for the city to where it all began.
Disabled AssistanceDisabled access available