The Anglican Church of St John the Baptist predates the nation’s capital by 70 years. The Church, graveyard and schoolhouse are living reminders of Canberra’s pioneering farming community.
This beautiful, high steepled church is built of local bluestone and sandstone. It was consecrated in 1845.
See memorials on the church walls that commemorate local parishioners, statesmen, servicemen, scientists, scholars and distinguished churchmen. Find peace with the church’s ambience, pipe organ, bells, stained glass windows and other works of art.
Carpark Disabled access available