Thompson Square, Windsor

Historical Sites and Heritage Locations

Named after Andrew Thompson and dating back to 1795, the only intact 18th century Georgian square in the country. Windsor was fundamental to the survival of the infant colony based in Sydney, which depended on the farms of the Hawkesbury and the river to carry their produce.

The collection of colonial buildings around the square remained largely unchanged since being built between 1815 and 1880. At the top of the square is the Pioneer Families memorial featuring an anchor, symbolizing the importance of the river in the history of the town.

Often a popular spot to sit and absorb the history whilst also enjoying food from one of the many options nearby.

Nearby Things to Do

View All
Hawkesbury City Council

Navua Reserve

Grose Wold, Hawkesbury

Richmond Park

Richmond Park

Richmond, Hawkesbury

Hawkesbury City Council

Wilberforce Park

Wilberforce, Hawkesbury

St Matthews Anglican Church

St Matthews Anglican Church

Windsor, Hawkesbury

Hawkesbury City Council

Hanna Park

North Richmond, Hawkesbury

Winery tours Hawkesbury

Shiraz Tours – Hawkesbury Wine Tours

Richmond, Hawkesbury

Contact Us