Commercial Bank

Historical Sites and Heritage Locations

Built for the Town and Country Bank in 1884, it was possibly the first building built of stone by private enterprise. In 1887 the building became the premises for the Commercial Bank of Australia. It survived World War II bombing and minor damage by cyclone Tracy, however only the facade remains today.

Nearby Things to Do

View All
Brown

Brown’s Mart, Darwin

Darwin

Crocosaurus Cove Cage of Death

Crocosaurus Cove

Darwin

Black Jew Fish

Arafura Bluewater Charters

Larrakeyah, Darwin

One of Mason Gallery

Mason Gallery Aboriginal Art

Darwin

Front view of Government House with flag pole and frangipani tree in the foreground

Government House, Darwin

Darwin

Old Boab Tree in Cavenagh Street

Old Boab Tree in Cavenagh Street

Darwin

Contact Us